Sunday, May 3, 2015

Coffee-Rubbed Skirt Steak

After reading Southern Living ULTIMATE book of BBQ
The Complete year around Guide to Grilling Smoking 
By Pit-master Christopher Prieto
My friends at YC Media and Oxmoor House publishing
sent me this wonderful cook book
Southern Living ULTIMATE book of  BBQ
The Complete Year-Round Guide toGrilling & Smoking

I came away with a lot more information about Southern
Cooking techniques and secrets from experts like Chef
Troy Black, Myron Mixon, and Rob Walsh. The author 
Christopher Prieto said When I use coffee as a rub on 
different cuts of beef, I use instant coffee instead of regular
ground coffee. Instant crystals melt into the meat better
and don't leave a mealy texture. So here it is.
Southern Living ULTIMATE book of BBQ

I had some Skirt Steak in the freezer so here it is with the 
recipe rub.

On the Grill Grates in the Big Green Egg @ 400* direct for 
a short sear.


It looks, feels, and smells ready pulled @ 10 minutes.
It tasted wonderful, the coffee takes this to a higher level

Served with Jackie's green rice and a kale salad with strawberries, 
parmesan cheese, and Marcona Almonds. This dinner gave me
 the inspiration to keep Grilling and Smoking with the 
recipes from this wonderful book.

Recipe:

Thanks for lookin!

Ross










No comments:

Post a Comment