Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jackie's Meatloaf

1.5 lb. ground chuck, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 onion.
 All finely chopped.

All the other ingredients: 2 sprigs fresh oregano, 3/4C oatmeal,
 1/2t salt, 1T black pepper, 1T white pepper, 1T red pepper,
,2 eggs 5.5 oz tomato juice, 5oz evaporated milk.
On the Egg for 1hr. @ 275*


Drained the juice's, took a knife around the inside of the  loaf pan
  and inverted the meatloaf on to the grill for another hour
 @ 275* or internal temp. 165*


Added some ketchup to half the loaf @ 45-min.


After 15-min. pulled to rest for 5-min.


Served with garlic mashed potatoes, Zucchini, and carrots.
 This turned out wonderfully good.
Thanks for looking

Ross






















4 comments:

  1. I like that you take it out of the loaf pan for part of the cook. It's a great way to avoid a greasy loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris have a great day

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a pretty BGE! I need one of those. I just found your blog...keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ross. I used this meatloaf recipe from Jackie when you posted it to another website years ago. That was the best meatloaf I had ever made. But I did not write down the recipe at the time, and then the website shut down. Glad I found you again here, and Jackie's recipe for the best meatloaf. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete