Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grilling Fresh Cod with Carrots Parsnip Puree

Saturday Jackie and I went for a drive up the coast to Santa Barbara Ca. 30-mi. north of Ventura for lunch, when we got to the Harbor there was a Harbor and Seafood Festival A lot of Sellers of various items I bought a Himalayan Salt Block.
I found a recipe for Grilled Cod with Carrot Parsnip Puree
Recipe:
Cod, S&P,1/2 lemon, drizzle olive oil

Puree:
3 carrots- peeled, chopped
2 Parsnips- peeled, chopped
1/4C chicken stock
drizzle olive oil
S&P
Cooked until soft

Pureed and kept warm
Fired up the Egg, Put the Salt Block on the grate to warm it 
up to 500*

Fresh Pacific Cod Fillet
Just lemon and Richard's Death by Garlic and Indian River
 Rainbow Pepper




Grilled some Romaine with Bernstein's Italian Dressing for
 1-min a side

Plated with Asparagus, a mighty fine meal that we well 
do again and again



4 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I just got a Himalayan salt block from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com so I'm so glad I found this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yours turns out as well as mine Jessica

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, Ross. I'm not seeing your pictures though, either here or if I click on the link to photobucket. Maybe photobucket is down right now.

    Going to try your chili verde stew now that the weather is changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really good Chris, see if you can get some Hatch Chilies the are very tasty even if they come from a can.

    ReplyDelete