Monday, September 27, 2010

Marinated Prime Chateaubriand with Smoked Paprika

This weekend is the first one I have had in 5-mo.
 I have been working Tu. thru Sat. for the last 
5-mo. I miss my real weekends! We were invited 
to my brothers place in Palm Desert Ca. for the
 weekend, it was hot 110* but on the west coast 
this week it was hot all over and this week as well. 
We went to Jensens Market they had Chateaubriand 
so I picked some up for when we got home on Sunday.

I made a Marinade of 1T. crushed hot red pepper flakes, 
1T boiling water, 1 C EVOO, 16 garlic cloves with
 the germ removed, 2 rosemary sprigs, 2 thyme sprigs.


Blended and put in a zip-lock bag for 2-hrs. in the fridge.

Seared for 3-min. a side @450*


And mopped with a mixture of 1/4 lb. soft butter and a 
T smoked paprika until it reached an internal temp. 125*
Let it rest for 10-min.

Grilled some Romaine while the meat rested.




Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes that Jackie made.
I love this recipe it has all the flavors that I like.

3 comments:

  1. Extremely nice cook, Ross! I like that marinade you gave that tenderloin. Like the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I like your Blog as well.

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff.Kayfun V4 clone

    ReplyDelete