Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Pulled Pork



On Friday night I inject a 6.6-lb and 6-lb Pork Butts
 with Chris Lilly's Six-tirld Championship Pork
 Shoulder injectionndrub. With my modification 
1 C apple juice, 1 C white wine, 1/2 C sugar, 
1/8 C salt, 2 T wrcestershire sauce. Put in
 a zip-lovernight marinade 

The Rub 1/4 C dark brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar,
 1/2 C paprika, 1/3 C garlic salt, 1/3 C kosher salt, 
1 T chili power, 1 t oregano, 1t cayenne pepper, 
1 t ground cumin 1 t black pepper. 

The Egg up to temp 235* dome @ 7:30 pm Saturday
 night the butts close together for a longer
 cook. Apple and hickory for smoke 
At 4:30 am saturday morning the low tmp warning
 beep went off dome temp was down to 190*,
 I stuck my probe into the Egg and felt there
 was a lot of lump there so I stirred it up
 and with the dome up the fire got going. 
At 7:30am I took the dome temp up to 250* to finish 
the cook 

At 1:30pm I pulled them and foiled with apple cider 
Into the cooler for 2hrs 

Then I chard some poblano peppers and grilled corn
 for Jackie's Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad


The Pulled Pork was moist and delicious 


Jackie said this was the best pulled pork that I have done, 
I have to agree. 


2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! Love the sound of Jackie's grilled corn and bean salad too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what slaw is that? Looks so tasty. Would love to get a recipie

    ReplyDelete