Monday, March 22, 2010

Smoked Pulled Pork



This is my first attempt at blogging so I’ll start with something that I can do fairly well. It was raining the night before I was going to serve the pulled port, so I waited until the following morning to start the cook. The meat was all prepped, all I had to do was get the Big Green Egg up to temp and put some apple and hickory smoking wood in it



I started out with a 7.5-lb. pork shoulder that I injected with 2C apple juice,1/2 apple cider, 1/4C
honey, 1tb worcestershire sauce, 1Tb Dizzy Dust rub, and Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy. I
rubbed the pork with the two rubs, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerated for two days to marinate

Got up at four in the morning and lit the Egg. At 5:15am I put it in the Egg @ 240* dome temp.

At 6-hrs. the internal temperature was 155* and stayed there until I took the dome temp. up to 290*. At 9-hrs. the internal temp. wasn’t moving and it was getting close to dinner time so I foiled it in apple juice and put it in the oven @ 325* for an hour.

Pulled and served, it was very tasty next time I’ll do it overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment